Although God doesn't want our attention focused on the rear view mirror, He does want us to glance at it to learn from where we've been and to celebrate what He's done in our lives. Wordpress provides to its bloggers a 2012 Year In Review, which we are using for the same thing! We're celebrating what God has done through Intentionally Yours and striving to learn from our first year with a website to make our second year even more effective in building godly families.
Here's an excerpt from the Intentionally Yours Annual Report:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 29,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 7 Film Festivals. In 2012, there were 95 new posts, growing the total archive of this blog to 104 posts. The busiest day of the year was October 2nd with864 views. The most popular post that day was But our marriage was a sin to begin with.
We pray about and faithfully share what God puts on our hearts, knowing that at one time it was something we needed to hear to change our lives, so surely someone else needs to hear it, too. These are the 12 most read posts from 2012:
- FRIDAY FIVE: Things to Do Everyday as a Couple
- But our marriage was a sin to begin with
- 10 Questions for Your Wife
- when your fairytale falls apart
- 5 steps to standing for your marriage
- why should I fight for my marriage?
- If the Grass Looks Greener On The Other Side…..
- sometimes it’s just not alright
- praying scripture to change your life
- when love requires grace
- Five Minutes, No Warning
- When Looking Foolish is a Good Thing
It was interesting to see the keywords that brought you from search engines to Intentionally Yours, too. Take a look:
- questions to ask your wife/spouse
- what do you know?
- will the weekend to remember save my marriage?
- standing for your marriage
- is the grass greener?
- how to reconnect with my spouse
- spiritual warfare
- how do I fight for my marriage?
- why is life not fair?
- is my husband intentionally making me suspicious?
- scott & sherry jennings
- beverly weeks
No big surprise, Facebook and Twitter is how many of you found your way here. But let's give a BIG shout out to the top twelve referring sites!
- Not Consumed
- Hot Holy & Humorous
- The Warrior Wives
- Time Warp Wife
- Women Living Well
- Jolene Engle
- We Are That Family
- Christian Woman Magazine
- The Generous Husband
- The Marriage Bed
- Loving When it Hurts
Reading through all this sparked a conversation the other day about Intentionally Yours and the wide variety of topics we've discussed here on our blog. It occurred to me however, that we've only just begun to scratch the surface. That's when the idea of a "Feedback Friday" popped into my head.
What if we asked YOU for YOUR thoughts and ideas for blog posts? With your vast array of situations, circumstances, experiences, we're excited to tackle some topics that otherwise would never have crossed our minds. Chances are if you are wondering about something, so is someone else.
So, with that being said, here are some ground rules:
- #1 There are no ground rules. We'll do our best to write about and reflect upon God's perspective on anything you submit focused on building godly families (that is our mission, after all). I can't promise we'll have answers, I can't promise we'll solve your problems, but I can promise that from God's perspective, there's nothing new under the sun. We'll research it and then write about it.
- #2 I promise we'll do our very best to respond with God's perspective, grace that only He can provide, and that we'll share the truth in love.
- #3 I can't promise we'll get it right every time. You already know this, but none of us on the IY team is God. We're just His servants.
- #4 I promise we won't hold anything back, sugar coat the message or refrain from saying the hard thing to spare your feelings. If you ask for God's truth, we're going to give it to you. (As best we can.)
- #5 We love you and only want God's best for you.
So, as we're looking through the windshield, down the road of 2013, here are several ways you can submit your questions or topic suggestions: you can leave a comment below, you can comment on our Facebook Page, or you can send an email to one of us:
Scott: scott@intentionallyyours Sherry: sherry@intentionallyyours Rick: rick@intentionallyyours Beverly: email@example.com
We're looking forward to hearing from you, praying and writing about some of the things YOU'D like to read about!
We love The Art of Marriage so much, we're taking it on vacation with us! Come with us!